The Florham Park Police Department is currently seeking professional and qualified applicants for the position of Class III Special Police Officer. The Class III Special Police Officer shall perform safety and security duties at the Florham Park Public Schools.
Applicants will be required to submit a resume and complete a short application. Applications are available at www.fppd.net at the link below and at Florham Park Police Headquarters. Applications are due by 4:00 P.M. on November 5, 2021.
The applicant must be:
• A retired law enforcement officer less than 65 years of age, who:
• Served as a duly qualified, fully trained, full-time officer in any municipality or county of this State or as a member of the New Jersey State Police, and;
• Was separated from that prior service in good standing, within three years of appointment to this position. The applicant must be able to produce a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which the officer retired that lists the date and type of retirement.
• Applicant must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position, determined in accordance with the Police Training Commission.
• Applicant must possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification or New Jersey State Police Academy Certification.
• Applicant must be a resident of the State of New Jersey and possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
• Applicant must successfully pass a background investigation.
Any applicants offered a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a medical exam, psychological evaluation, and drug screening.
Starting Salary for the Class III Special Police Officer will be $40.00 per hour and he/she shall work a part-time work schedule of 27.5 hours per week, and only when school is in session. Anticipated hours will be between 7:00am-4:00pm.
Resumes and applications are being accepted 24 hours a day at Florham Park Police Headquarters.
Following a resume and application review, qualified individuals will be contacted for interviews.
The Borough of Florham Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Special Law Enforcement Officer Class III Application Link