The Borough of Florham Park Police Department is currently accepting applications for the entry level position of Police Officer with a starting salary of $53,577. Applicants must submit an Application, Resume and $100 application fee to the Florham Park Police Department no later than 11:59 P.M. on September 20, 2021.
Applicants must also meet the following qualifications;
1. Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey.
2. Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
3. Must possess a valid New Jersey automobile driver’s license.
4. Shall have graduated from high school or possess a General Equivalency Degree (GED).
5. Must pass the required physical agility test detailed below.
6. Must possess the ability to perform all the tasks and duties of a Police Officer.
7. Pass a medical and psychological examination. Any psychological, medical or physical condition or defect which might prevent efficient performance of the duties of the position, cause the appointee to be a hazard to himself/herself or others, or become aggravated, as a result of the performance of these duties, will be cause for rejection.
8. Must pass an extensive background investigation to include drug screening.
The Department will determine the number of applicants to be tested and those applicants that meet the required qualifications will participate in the Physical Agility Test scheduled for October 24, 2021. Applicants will be required to pass the Police Training Commission (PTC) pre-admission physical fitness test, mandated by the PTC, prior to the entrance into the Police Academy. All applicants will be required to take and pass the Physical Agility Test.
1. The applicant must complete a vertical jump of 15 inches or more,
2. The applicant must complete 28 sit ups in 1 minute or less,
3. The applicant must complete a 300 meter run in 70.1 seconds or less,
4. The applicant must successfully complete 24 push-ups in 1 minute or less, and
5. The applicant must successfully complete a 1.5 mile run in 15:55 minutes or less.
Applications are available 24/7 and may be picked up in the police department vestibule, located at 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ and must be returned along with a Resume and $100 check made payable to the Borough of Florham Park no later than September 20, 2021, at 11:59 P.M.
Applications may also be found on the Florham Park Police Department webpage at the link below.
The Borough of Florham Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Officer Application Link