The Florham Park Police Department is always seeking qualified applicants who are interested in a career in law enforcement. While the agency seeks to hire the most qualified applicant, it is also seeking to increase the number of females, African American and Hispanic employees to more accurately reflect the population we serve.
All employees are subjected to a background investigation. All aspects of the hiring process have specific time limits and applicants will be explained those limits in the specific job opening announcement. Any candidate who is not selected shall be advised and they may chose to reapply at a later date if they were not disqualified during the process. The agency does not retain resumes on file.
The hiring process for all employees is as follows:
POLICE OFFICER CANDIDATES
The Borough of Florham Park Police Department is currently accepting applications for the entry level position of Police Officer with a starting salary of $53,577. Applicants must submit an Application, Resume and $100 application fee to the Florham Park Police Department no later than 11:59 P.M. on September 20, 2021.
Applicants must also meet the following qualifications;
1. Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey.
2. Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
3. Must possess a valid New Jersey automobile driver’s license.
4. Shall have graduated from high school or possess a General Equivalency Degree (GED).
5. Must pass the required physical agility test detailed below.
6. Must possess the ability to perform all the tasks and duties of a Police Officer.
7. Pass a medical and psychological examination. Any psychological, medical or physical condition or defect which might prevent efficient performance of the duties of the position, cause the appointee to be a hazard to himself/herself or others, or become aggravated, as a result of the performance of these duties, will be cause for rejection.
8. Must pass an extensive background investigation to include drug screening.
The Department will determine the number of applicants to be tested and those applicants that meet the required qualifications will be contacted with a date and time to attend the Physical Agility Test. Applicants will be required to pass the Police Training Commission (PTC) pre-admission physical fitness test, which is mandated by the PTC prior to the entrance into the Police Academy. All applicants will be required to take and pass the Physical Agility Test.
1. The applicant must complete a vertical jump of 15 inches or more,
2. The applicant must complete 28 sit ups in 1 minute or less,
3. The applicant must complete a 300 meter run in 70.1 seconds or less,
4. The applicant must successfully complete 24 push-ups in 1 minute or less, and
5. The applicant must successfully complete a 1.5 mile run in 15:55 minutes or less.
Applications are available 24/7 and may be picked up in the police department vestibule, located at 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ and must be returned along with a Resume and $100 check made payable to the Borough of Florham Park no later than September 20, 2021, at 11:59 P.M.
Applications may also be found on the Florham Park Police Department webpage at the link below.
The Borough of Florham Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Officer Application Link
CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES (Clerical, Communications)
When there is an opening for a civilian position the opening will be advertised on this web page, our Facebook page and on the Borough of Florham Park bulletin board located on the 2nd floor of the Borough Hall.
The process for a civilian employee is as follows:
- Application / Resume
- Oral Board Interview
- Chief's Interview
- Appropriate Authority and Council Interview
- Selection by Chief of Police
- Approval by Appropriate Authority
Successful applicants may be given an offer of employment or a conditional offer of employment depending on the position. The conditional offer may be contingent upon successful completion of a medical and/or psychological examination.