POLICE OFFICER OPENING
The Borough of Florham Park Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Qualified applicants must have satisfactorily completed a Basic Course for Police Officers, as prescribed by the New Jersey Police Training Commission or soon to be graduating from an Alternate Route Training Program.
In Addition, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey.
2. Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
3. Pass a medical and psychological examination. Any psychological, medical or physical condition or defect which might prevent efficient performance of the duties of the position, cause the appointee to be a hazard to himself/herself or others, or become aggravated, as a result of the performance of these duties, will be cause for rejection.
4. Must pass an extensive background investigation to include drug screening.
5. Must possess a valid New Jersey automobile driver’s license.
Applications are available 24/7 and may be picked up at the police desk, located at 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ and must be returned along with a resume no later than October 23, 2017. Applications may also be found on the Florham Park Police Department webpage, located at FPPD.net, the application link will be posted on the Join FFPD tab. The Borough of Florham Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.